Academy Administrator - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Academy Administrator is responsible for supporting all administrative tasks required to run, maintain, and service LAFC Academy. This position will manage various aspects of Academy operations, including but not limited to logistics, communication, and strategic planning.
- Supports all Academy administration as required by the Academy Manager.
- Coordinates administrative needs for all Academy training sessions and matches.
- Supports all MLS Next and Elite Academy League administration to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Manages all updates and communication for all Academy staff and families.
- Work with all Academy coaches to provide clear, concise, and timely communications regarding all Academy training, matches, and events.
- Conducts regular updating of online databases and storage platforms to ensure all documents and files are current and readily accessible.
- Plans and communicates all team travel needs.
- Manages HUDL and MOD11 databases for all video and match day registration.
- Supports all special projects such as community outreach and camps as needed.
- Manages LAFC Academy social media as needed.
- Lead administrator on match days as needed, for both home and away matches.
- Manages all communication received via Academy email, online database and general public inquiries.
- Supports all budgeting and bookkeeping as needed.
- Prepare presentations and research reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University required, major in Business Administration, Management, Communication or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years in sports team operations, with an MLS club, UEFA, CONCACAF or MLS Next administration is preferred.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of operational practices and procedures related to professional soccer competition, training and events.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, training plans, webinars, event documents, and operational schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with peers, clients, families, elite athletes, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Proactive approach to task execution and personal development
- Strong ability to multi-task and seamlessly adapt to a changing environment at a moment’s notice.
- Ability to maintain composure and respectful demeanor at all times.
- Strong communication skills- both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: including but not limited to word, excel, powerpoint and outlook.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
- Must possess a valid CA driver license and passport.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?