Turf Manager - First Team - Houston Dynamo FC
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Houston Dynamo FC is creating a new position to lead and oversee the day-to-day maintenance of our First Team training pitches at Houston Sports Park. This person will work in a hands-on role with a focus the three first team grass training pitches and surrounding grounds. Quality control and daily execution of details in the maintenance of the pitches will be a KPI for this position, in addition to building a relationship with the First Team staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend and play a role in all Dynamo training sessions.
- Serve as point-of-contact for team staff regarding First Team playing fields at HSP.
- Lead and assist our First-Team Grounds staff in daily maintenance execution.
- Daily quality control lead for First Team training pitch maintenance paying attention to the details.
- Hands-on maintenance of Dynamo training pitches, including mowing, trimming, painting, edging, weed control, landscape maintenance, topdressing, brooming, aerating, fertilizing, spraying, and all related turfgrass maintenance tasks.
- Irrigation cycle planning and execution.
- Irrigation repairs as needed.
- Machine repairs as needed.
- Execute the agronomy programs in a timely fashion.
- Assist in data collection for the playing surfaces.
- Discuss/report field conditions with Director of Grounds and/or VP/GM as requested.
- College Degree required (BS preferred) in the Turfgrass Management/Horticulture discipline.
- Certified Sports Field Manager (CSFM) certification preferred.
- Proven experience at the MLS level. Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Assistant Groundsman or Director.
- Prior experience communicating with coaching staff/Executive team required.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion for the game of soccer and soccer pitch management
- Proven relationship building experience, with team staff and grounds crews.
- Detail oriented.
- Commitment to quality playing surfaces.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to challenges.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions in Houston, TX.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?