Houston Dynamo FC seeks a senior producer of video content to enhance the club’s visual storytelling and content on multiple platforms (including the new MLS and Apple partnership) with an emphasis on PNC Stadium, club advertising, sponsorships and more. The senior producer will report to the Director of Brand Marketing and will work closely with the social media and content teams to develop our year-long content calendar in alignment with brand strategy and marketing goals across the organization.
This individual will help push creative boundaries with their ideas, execution and effort. They will challenge how we think about our visual content and will be a visionary who understands how to turn big ideas into tangible results for the club. They will also be technically savvy and have the experience and skillset, not only to set a vision, but be able to manage all aspects of bringing that vision to life, including but not limited to: equipment, lighting, production, shooting and editing.
This individual will be expected to act as a producer/director on productions and should be equally able to effectively plan and communicate expectations, vision and strategies to help engage Dynamo fans, drive revenue and impact our community.
*Resumes should include a link to an online video portfolio*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Brand Marketing to develop creative goals in alignment with the Dynamo’s organizational and marketing goals (both soccer and non-soccer related).
- Initiate and lead ideation and storytelling across the organization with the goal of expanding the Dynamo brand while continuing to connect with audiences both locally and globally (through the new MLS/Apple partnership).
- Lead and define storytelling through video content across the club for online, social media, stadium videoboard, on-demand content, and advertising – work with stakeholders from every department to guide storytelling and content approaches in alignment with the Dynamo creative vision.
- Create content and video concepts in accordance with our key moments, brand campaigns, and partnership obligations. Be able to prioritize these concepts by highest impact against our goals and drive focus for the video team towards the primary objectives.
- Oversee and develop the video team – ensuring consistency and alignment to Dynamo creative/brand strategy and standards.
- Produce a schedule inclusive of production timeline, internal reviews, and reviews with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Work with match presentation to continue to better the fan experience at PNC Stadium.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders internally and externally; work together to understand their needs and deliver against shared goals.
- Partner with external agency partners as needed to align content to Dynamo’s vision, and keep projects on track with overall strategy and in alignment with the Houston brand.
- Lead a high-performing and diverse team by setting clear expectations, providing appropriate coaching feedback, and developing staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in video production or related field at an agency or at in-house environments.
- Three-plus years of experience in a video leadership role.
- Experienced and well-versed in all facets of the video production process: experience with cinema, mirrorless, and DSLR cameras.
- Video editing and motion-graphics experience with a keen eye for taste and unique executions.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, as well as familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Hands-on experience producing engaging content for in-game videoboard production – preferred.
- Experience with lifestyle or cultural-impact brands – preferred.
- Long-form content experience – preferred.
- Previous experience working in sports – preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of soccer – preferred.
- Spanish fluency – preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be flexible to travel with assigned teams as required and work a non-traditional schedule
- Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources, ensuring best-in-class work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Strong understanding of social media and popular trends.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has recently implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.