Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Compass Stadium
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Houston market is ever-evolving and one of the most diverse in the entire country. The goal of the Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting the finance department and reporting directly to the CFO. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for the sports industry, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. The senior accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Paid Holidays &Vacations
- Paid SickLeave
The Senior Accountant will assist the finance department in various accounting functions of all Forever Orange entities. Responsibilities include executing the monthly close process, preparing event settlements, and assisting the CFO and Director of Finance with a variety of other financial reports. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Director of Finance.
- Prepare and input journal entries through the general ledger as related to cash and revenue recognition for all six entities under the Forever Orange umbrella.
- Prepare Monthly Close account schedules to provide relevant information to executives for effective decision making.
- Review purchase invoices through the accounts payable process to ensure these items are properly approved, coded and recorded in the accounting system.
- Assist in preparation of documents for annual financial audit.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Gain an understanding of current departmental policies and procedures and help to identify improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Manage and develop the Finance Department Internship program.
- Prepare and book Event Settlements.
Qualifications and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The successful candidate will have skill in personnel management, developing and implementing policies and procedures, effective training, and designing and implementing accounting, financial and human resources systems and controls.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well with management-level peers as well as employees.
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of arena operations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
2-3 years in a fast-paced accounting/finance department.
Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
Experience in the sports and entertainment industry a major plus.
Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software preferred but not required.
Licenses or certificates:
Certified Public Accounting license a plus.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?