Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Premium Sales and Service Executive with Houston Dynamo in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Premium/Suite Sales
As a member of Forever Orange LLC, the Houston Dynamo, are continuing to grow, and is currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate self-starter to join their Premium Sales and Service team.
In recent seasons, the Dynamo have been a force in the Eastern Conference on the field, while becoming one of MLS’ hottest teams off the field. The continued growth of the brand in an up-and-coming young professional market, MLS leading attendance growth, and the opening of a state-of-the-art new downtown stadium has made the Dynamo a sought after place to start or continue a career.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for the sports industry, a solid foundation of sales training and the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments, email and create new innovative programs to drive season ticket sales for the organization. Job is a full-time position with benefits.
We are seeking a Premium Sales and Service Executive to be an integral member of the Houston Dynamo staff.
The Premium Sales and Service Executive is required to create and manage revenue quotas through the selling and servicing of all premium inventory. This position will be responsible for developing relationships with various organizations within Houston’s private and public sectors. Presentations will be made via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face meetings and be driven through pro-active prospecting activities, including, but not limited to, outbound telephone calls, e-mails and participation in various networking events. The Premium Sales and Service Executive is expected to utilize the clubs prospecting tools including use of available lists and contact management software to create and manage an effective revenue yielding relationship with various organizations within the private and public sectors.
The job will entail:
· 60% outbound selling of premium inventory including but not limited to – Suites, President’s Club Seats, 100 Club, 200 Club and Field level seating.
· 40% retaining premium book of business, establishing a minimum 90% renewal percentage.
· Selling of new premium season tickets to private local, regional and national businesses with operations in the Houston area.
· Selling of Dynamo stadium events, including, but not limited to, International Soccer, Rugby, and concerts.
· Selling of group hospitality tickets to private businesses and business organizations.
· Attending chamber of commerce meetings and business related networking functions.
· Perform basic office functions and sales and service activities to achieve a personal and departmental sales quota.
· Work all Dynamo game days including Dash and Stadium events to be assigned.
· Any special projects assigned by VP, of Premium Sales and Fan Relations.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Passion for sales and service
· Goal oriented and a creative self-starter
· Strong work ethic and desire to build a career in professional sports
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Sports Management or related field preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of ticket sales and service experience
· Sales experience within the professional sports or entertainment industries is preferred
· The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and provide reports and summaries as directed
· Extensive experience in sales prospecting-by-phone and cold-calling
· Track record of setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups
· Proven written and presentation skills
· Experience with database marketing, Veritix and BackOffice a plus
· The candidate must be fluent in English and possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook. Knowledge of the local market helpful.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have previous sales and service experience with a professional sports team?