Part-Time Grounds Technician - Houston Dynamo FC
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for a Part-Time Grounds Technician. This position supports the Director, Turf and Grounds and/or the Turf Manager in all aspects of grounds maintenance at PNC Stadium mainly on event days at the Stadium. In addition, extra shifts can be available in preparation for upcoming events at PNC Stadium. Our stadium hosts Houston Dynamo matches, Houston Dash matches, international soccer matches, and Texas Southern football in the fall, as well as many extra events throughout the year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Soccer field set-up, including placing goals, auxiliary goals, corner flags, team bench areas, and other items as requested.
- Assist with pre-game and halftime watering of the field for soccer matches.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly ground shop area.
- Assist with post-game breakdown as well as field maintenance activities.
- Typically, a 6-hour shift on gamedays, including pre-game and post-game work.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Landscaping experience preferred but not required.
- College students are encouraged to apply.
- Soccer fans are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to follow directions and have fun working with a team. Ability to be on-time to your shift and ready to work.
- Work outdoors in all types of Houston weather supporting our Houston teams.
- Be part of a fun, award-winning team!
- Uniforms provided.
- Meals may be provided for game shifts.
- Attend in-demand matches at PNC stadium at no cost to you.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?