Manager, Partnership Marketing - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Sponsorship Services/Activation
The Houston Dynamo Football Club is seeking an individual for the position of Manager of Partnership Marketing. The Manager of Partnership Marketing (MPM) will report directly to the Director of Partnership Marketing. The Partnership Marketing team is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining a positive working relationship with new and existing corporate sponsors and to consistently deliver quality and superior service in every area of the partnership, creating a lasting connection between sponsor, Dynamo FC and the Dash.
- Oversee the execution and fulfillment of all partner contractual elements to include print, digital, media and marketing requirements, in-stadium, community and special event coordination.
- Activate all sponsor elements at BBVA Stadium, HSP training facility, and community events.
- Maximize Dynamo FC and Dash marketing initiatives by utilizing sponsor assets and support.
- Lead in the planning and execution of programs and initiatives that contribute to sponsorship growth and retention.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with all necessary internal departments to ensure all sponsorship driven elements or programs are communicated and executed successfully.
- Oversee and plan sponsor events.
- Serve as the account manager and primary contact to designated clients.
- Support the corporate sales department in all areas of the partnership, including leading renewal efforts.
- Identify areas of improvement or continued growth and success for the client, with the ultimate goal of maximizing the highest level of partner renewals and upsell whenever possible.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with all clients and vendors.
- Ensure every partner receives exceptional service with personal attention to detail.
- Anticipate problems and determine appropriate solutions for the client and the company.
- Daily communication and follow up of outstanding elements, deadlines, requests, etc.
- Working closely with marketing and community relations on the inclusion of clients in necessary creative and promotional opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with the marketing department for the fulfillment of all Dynamo FC and Dash player appearances, autograph donation requests, etc.
- Assist in the coordination, set up and execution of all in-stadium promotions including but not limited to: partner title nights, pre-game and half-time on-field activities, client hospitality nights and any other sponsor related activity or initiative.
- Oversee the mid-season and year-end “recap reports” for clients; these reports will compile details of the contract deliverables provided as well as additional exposure received; offering a valuable ROI review for partners.
- Occasionally responsible for physical set up and break down of sponsorship related inventory in-stadium.
- Collaborate with staff to plan and execute all sponsor-driven programs including but not necessarily limited to: Annual Summit, Golf Tournament, VIP Luncheon, Away Game Trip, Holiday Party, Soccer Night Out, Futbol Fiesta, Corporate Cup, various soccer tournaments and/or clinics, as well as various Dynamo FC & Dash player appearances and other special events.
- Master use of sponsorship CRM system (Salesforce) for reporting and tracking purposes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Developing leadership and management abilities
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3-years of full-time sports marketing experience
- Extensive knowledge of B2B or Sponsorship Services
- Ability to strive in high-pressure environment
- Proven experience managing cross-functional projects
- Must be available for home games, as well as sponsor and team-related events and appearances
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Passionate - Loves the job and the organization; has a contagious effect; willing to make sacrifices
- Motivated - Self-driven and inspired; takes initiative and delivers results
- Experience - Leverages knowledge and insights to achieve higher levels of performance and productivity
- Leadership - Visibly demonstrates character, work ethic and vision; has ability to positively influence others; is infectious
- Plan/Prioritize - Understands core objectives of the organization; is structured and organized; utilizes time effectively; makes decisions in the context of the big picture
- Communicator - Delivers written and verbal messages in a clear and concise fashion
- Creative Problem Solver - Recognizes issues and takes the responsibility to proactively resolve
- Accountable - Takes ownership for areas of responsibility and associated business results
- Competitive - Wants to win and be the best in everything; achieves maximum success – individually and for the whole team
- Team player - Works well with all departments and is open to creative suggestions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.