Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Inside Sales Manager with Houston Dynamo/Houston Dash in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Houston Dash jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Inside Sales Manager role is to recruit, train, onboard, and develop entry-level sales reps within the department, with the goal of driving revenue in packages and group outings. Additionally, this person work to help reps earn a promotion to the next level of our Ticketing Department. This position will report to the Director of Business Development, Ticket Sales.
- Create and implement Inside Sales telemarketing, appointment and event strategy to increase Dynamo 365 Memberships, Partial Plan, and Group Sales revenue for the Houston Dynamo and Dash
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate and develop 10 Inside Sale Representatives for Dynamo and Dash Ticket Sales and Service advancement opportunities
- Create and prepare sales scripts, comprehensive training materials, continuous training materials, and sales collateral
- Create year-round recruiting strategies including establishing collegiate relationships, attending industry conferences, and leading Dynamo and Dash career fair and sales training event efforts
- Monitor and report on the sales process and results to all Dynamo and Dash Ticket Sales and Service Management
- Establish goals and incentive programs for Inside Sales Representatives
- Research and implement “best practices” for Inside Sales Department
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
Education and Experience:
- Hardworking, passion for the industry, positive attitude, open to learning, and leadership characteristics
- Understanding of B2B and B2C Sales Processes; direct B2B Sales Experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teaching, motivating, and development skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Demonstrate a successful track record in sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the Major League Soccer 6-Step Sales Process
- Minimum three (3) years of ticket sales experience within the sports industry
- Advanced sales training
- Ticketing system experience, Veritix preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience preferred
Note: This position is full-time with compensation consisting of a salary plus bonus potential. Hours may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?