Human Resources Generalist - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Human Resources: Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist supports and assists the Director of Human Resources and the department with all basic HR functions. The HR Generalist will help improve and effectively coordinate company policies, processes and practices. This role is responsible for the onboarding of new staff, benefits, compliance and reporting, and general HR functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Hire Recruitment, On-Boarding & Orientation:
- Supports recruitment and placement activities by posting jobs and establishing recruitment files.
- Manages and ensures the pre-employment process and requirements are met for new hires, including reference checks, offers, background checks, policy acknowledgment, etc.
- Coordinates and facilitates the on-boarding process including coordinating with outside departments, conducting the on-boarding orientation and subsequent follow up training, and processing new hire paperwork.
- Oversees and ensures plan compliance and accuracy of company benefit offerings (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/ADD, STD/LTD, EAP, 401(k), etc).
- Manages and oversees STD, LTD, FMLA and other leave of absence claims, correspondence, and record keeping as needed.
- Oversees Workers Compensation claims, correspondence, and record keeping as needed.
- Coordinates Open Enrollment set up, facilitation, communication, and employee training.
- Manages employee questions, inquiries, and resolutions. Refers non-routine items to appropriate Human Resources or other department personnel for action, in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with appropriate HR/Payroll personnel to ensure accurate benefit data, deductions, & carrier uploads.
- Audits and runs reports on compliance data to ensure company compliance at all times.
- Prepares and supports data collection for internal/external audits (401(k), I-9, Payroll, etc).
- Manages preparation of company compliance reporting (5500’s, SARs, 5500’s, W2, 1095C etc).
- Maintain knowledge of best practices, regulatory changes, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy and practice to all staff.
General HR Responsibilities:
- Lead various special projects and HR initiatives as required.
- Collaborates effectively with Human Resources Director and department on departmental and company wide goals.
- Oversees HR Department email inbox and ensures continuous follow up on open items to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and consistency.
- Verifies and updates I-9 documentation and maintains accurate record keeping.
- Accurately inputs and maintains employee data in personnel folders and HRIS system.
- Actively tracks employee acknowledgement to company policies, procedures, and courses.
- Maintains organizational charts, job descriptions, and employee directories.
- Completes verifications of employment, unemployment claims, and other paperwork and reporting as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for the department, including invoicing & PO’s, notices, special reports and or projects, mail distribution, confidential filing, phone coverage, scanning and indexing employee data.
- Collaborates with other HR/Payroll personnel to ensure accurate and timely production of payroll.
- Act as a backup for HR/Payroll personnel when out of office, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3+ years of Human Resources Experience
- Working knowledge of HR local, state, and federal employment and compliance laws an regulations
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Forms & PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge of Ultimate Software’s UKG – preferred
- Knowledge of payroll processing and requirements – preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES, & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of confidentiality and ability to maintain sensitive information.
- Acts with high levels of integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- A positive and strong customer service attitude and desire to assist others, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team philosophy: proven ability to work positively, collaboratively, and professionally with a team and across an organization.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, managing several projects simultaneously.
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard.
- Capacity to achieve results and accurately report results to supervisor and staff.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to identify problems and their root causes.
- High level of detail orientation, accuracy, and organization.
- Proactive and sense of urgency.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
Houston Dynamo FC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Houston Dynamo FC has recently implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
What is your desired level of compensation?