HSP Grounds Manager - Houston Dynamo FC
Houston Dynamo FC Jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for Houston Sports Park Grounds Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HSP Grounds Crew management and leadership.
- Create an environment of teamwork between departments at HSP.
- Daily understanding of the field usage schedule and make-ready needs for each field.
- Turfgrass management on playing surfaces.
- Hands-on maintenance of fields and related systems.
- Safe and responsible operation of equipment. Report safety issues.
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma. 2- or 4-year Turfgrass Management degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible grounds experience at HSP for internal candidates.
- For External candidates- MLS, NWSL, or MLS Academy grounds experience preferred.
- CSFM or CPTM certification preferred.
- Ability to obtain Texas Dept of Ag Pesticide License within 1 year of beginning work.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in Houston’s climate.
- Proven hands-on leadership in turfgrass management and safety.
- Ability to work varying shifts and nights/weekends/holidays as required by the Club.
- Fun person with a proven ability to build and retain a team.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?