Houston Sports Park Operations Assistant - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
At Houston Dynamo FC, we strive to create a dynamic work environment that fosters mutual respect and teamwork. We are a growth orientated organization, and we invite you to grow along with us by taking advantage of the many opportunities open to you. The Houston Sports Park (a.k.a. HSP), an entity within Houston Dynamo FC is currently looking for an Operations Assistant to join its staff!
Houston Sports Park is seeking proactive, detail-oriented, and hardworking individuals to serve the full-time position of Operations Assistant under the supervision of Manager with the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Houston Dynamo FC/Houston Dash training facility, the Houston Sports Park.
Applicant must be working on bachelor’s degree or pursuing degree in related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in athletic event management preferred. Experience in collegiate athletic department or professional sports team with operations of athletics and recreational facilities and equipment preferred. Must be CPR and AED certified within 60 days.
- Provide excellent service to professional teams, internal departments, leagues, and public rental groups who utilize the facility.
- Collaborate with professional teams, leagues, and public rental groups to assess needs.
- Field preparation for rentals and events which includes set-up (moving goals, bleachers, sideline setups), breakdown (moving goals, cleanup), and conversions.
- Facility management responsibilities including identifying and reducing risks, park beautification and waste management.
- Must enforce facility procedures and rules.
- Assist with execution of major events and tournaments.
- Evacuate patrons in the event of lightning and/or inclement weather.
- Occasionally lift, carry, and/or drag up to 50 pounds (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform function).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May assist at BBVA Stadium for Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash events and other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to multitask in variable, often inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours including weekends, nights, and some holidays.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must possess positive personality with a strong desire to be in sports industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.