Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash – Game Day Assistant - Houston Dynamo (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
The Dynamo and Dash are seeking professional, detail-oriented individuals with strong public relations, writing and editing skills to assist the public relations department. The candidate will assist with various game day tasks like conducting interviews, transcribing and press box set up. In addition, this role will support the public relations staff with media relations, soccer communications and player relations matters. The Game Day Assistant will assist with other departments when applicable.
ESSENTIAL RECEPTIONIST DUTIES:
- Welcomes members of the media by greeting and assisting them in during their visit to BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston Sports Park or other venues, as needed.
- Assist in game day set up and the distribution of game day collateral, like line ups and statistics.
- Assist with game day presentation and other activities like the team photo.
- Assist in the set-up of broadcast location, media press box and workroom, post-game conference area.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPEREINCE
- Interested in sports writing and public relations
- Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- High school degree
- Flexible hours required. Working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- This role is a part-time position that will require a flexible schedule and availability to work 20-30hrs per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.