Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist – Houston Dynamo FC with Houston Dynamo FC in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist will manage the day to day sports medicine operations for the Houston Dynamo. In this capacity, the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for the players' medical problems. The performance duties will be under the direction and supervision of the MLS Chief Medical Officer and the designated Dynamo Chief Medical Officer.
The Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist will work closely with the Head Coach, Head of Performance, Chief Soccer Officer/General Manager, and Director of Soccer Operations daily. The Head Athletic Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages, and home games and ensure two (2) Athletic Trainers are present at all away games.
Licenses or Certifications
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC
- State License in the state in which the Club calls home if required by the state.
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Per certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- Minimum four (4) year college/university bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher in related healthcare field or license.
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer/therapist
- Experience with elite level athletes
- Experience working in a high tempo, stressful environment
- Soccer experience preferred
Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff, Head of Performance, and under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding bloodborne pathogens
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Electronically document accurate first report of injury, physical diagnosis, Player assessments, Player treatments, and return to play dates
- Initiate insurance/workers compensation claims for Player
- Responsible for managing the administrative responsibilities with the MLS league office and overseeing the mandated protocols/testing cadence as it relates to the current environment
- Compile reports as required by the League
- Help the Dynamo Medical Staff regarding Player health and safety
- Under the direction of the club physicians, assist with the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records
- Organize physical examinations as required by League regulations
- Supervise Assistant Athletic Trainer(s), Medical interns, and volunteers as applicable and /as outlined in the MLS Medical Manual
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other Club personal, and League staff
- Comply with all League medical policies and protocols
- Consult with Players regarding dietary needs, nutritional supplements, and League/FIFA banned substances
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the League.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?