Director of Ticket Operations - Houston Dynamo (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Operations: Ticket Operations
As a member of the Forever Orange LLC, the Houston Dynamo FC, Houston Dash, and BBVA Stadium are currently seeking a highly professional, motivated and passionate self-starter to lead their Ticket Operations team.
The Director of Ticket Operations oversees all aspects of executing ticket operations and box office management for BBVA Stadium including Houston Dynamo FC, Houston Dash, TSU, and additional third party events.
Our preferred candidate is a leader that possesses strong emotional intelligence and will work directly with the Ticket Sales & Service team to execute sales initiatives operationally and aid in the ticketing departments overall success. This individual is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ultimately the goal of the department is to be the top Ticketing and Revenue team among counterparts – our preferred candidate will join us in a leadership position to help accomplish these goals with a strong drive and work ethic for success.
- Oversee Ticket Operations in all aspects and represent the department within the organization.
- Manages Ticket Operations team and direct report to ensure completion of department goals.
- Oversee the execution of ticketing platform in all aspects including manifesting, event and season builds, access control, and event day.
- Manage and assist with the event build, maintenance, management, and Box Office settlement.
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the Box Office; including scheduling of window sales staff and delegating daily tasks amongst other operations staff.
- Work closely with ticket sales and service team to build packages, products, and processes to aid in reaching the revenue goals of the department
- Coordinates with the premium services department to ensure that suites, club seats and suite tickets are evaluated for each event and processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the support of all other ticketed events taking place at Forever Orange LLC including, but not limited to, Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, concerts, college sports, etc.
- Acts as the liaison between promoting entities, ticket service providers and Forever Orange LLC management, ensuring that accurate information is disseminated and events go on sale as intended for concerts and non-team events at BBVA Stadium
- Collaborate closely with other departments (Finance, Ticket Sales and Service, Stadium Operations, and others) on best practices and policies.
- Directs the creation of concerts and non-team events using ticketing system and the administration of all holds, seat kills, processing of internal/VIP ticket requests, house ticket requests, promoter ticket requests, etc.
- Supervises and delegates to other ticket operations manager the daily activities of the part-time ticket sellers during events and trains and schedules all event ticket sales and box office staff.
- Prepares ticket window stations prior to box office opening for events to include logging into computers, providing adequate change for cash drawers, making changes to signage, etc.
- Supervises the reconciliation of window sales receipts, prepares ticket window expense reports and attendance drop counts at the conclusion of each event.
- Provides settlement documentation (including event sales audit, complimentary ticket recap report, receivables report, and scanned ticket count) to the Forever Orange LLC accounting department at the conclusion of the event to ensure quick and accurate event settlement.
- Review and perform balancing, depositing and reporting of daily ticket office receipts, as required.
- Creates and distribute sales reports to promoters on an as-needed basis.
- Event management duties (approximately 45 events annually).
- Resolves customer service issues, processes mail orders for events and facilitates seat relocates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years Even Ticket Operations experience
- Detailed knowledge of computerized ticket sales and box office operations, SeatGeek experience highly preferred
- Significant relevant ticket office operations experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to successfully communicate with the public, employees and vendors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and coordinating multi-faceted event plans and problem-solving issues.
- Highly organized
- High emotional intelligence and personal interface skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and detail oriented with strong numeric skills.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred but not required
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined above. All duties and requirements are essential job functions and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It is the employer’s discretion to add or change the duties or requirements of this position at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.