Director of Security & Transportation with Houston Dynamo in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
The Director of Security and Transportation is responsible for overseeing and directing the game day personnel and special event personnel, 24-hour security, event security operations and Parking Operations of BBVA Stadium, He/she will be responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary staff and services to provide the best entertainment & guest-friendly experience.
- Establish annual objectives for all reporting personnel.
- Work closely with the Security Dept and Parking Operations Provider to manage the safety & security of the patrons, associates, and assets.
- Train, counsel, discipline, evaluate, manage, and direct in accordance with the BBVA Stadium philosophy and policies.
- Review and update Security and Parking policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Manage all administrative and operational matters within the department.
- Manage and maintain business relations with the local, state, & federal fire & police authorities.
- Maintain an effective electronic/hard key access management program.
- Maintain an effective employee & visitor photo ID & credential program.
- Develop and conduct security & safety training sessions for the stadium personnel.
- Meet all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by the VP of Stadium Operations. This includes handling and managing special projects when necessary.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all logs and incident reports generated.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of post orders.
- Manage the day to day Parking Operational Relationship
- Primary Liaison with MLS in regards to MLS Security Policies, Procedures and Industry Best Practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and lead the members of the security and guest service department.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience supervising a security and guest service team.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sports or entertainment facility.
- Minimum 5 years of facility security experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- A good understanding of guest services and security roles in a facility environment.
- Ability to implement and adhere to the Guest Service and Security Department’s Prime Objectives.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, employment verification, and drug screening.
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication.
- Ability to effectively manage crises & work under pressure.
- Ability to perform independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of their direct reports.
- Ability to create, implement, and present training materials to all employees within the department.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional guests, clients and employee
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?