Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director of Digital Marketing with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
The “Senior Director/Director – Digital Marketing” will be responsible for leading the strategy, oversight and execution of all Houston Dynamo/Dash and BBVA Stadium digital platforms and programs. S/he will be responsible for managing a robust digital marketing practice for the Club, collaborating with the League and across the organization to foster a “digital first” mindset, while also managing and maintaining all Club owned digital properties.
This role will be highly visible within and outside of the organization and s/he will need to have a passion for teaching and mentorship.
Be the owner and subject matter expert of all things Dynamo/Dash digital marketing. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Web (i.e. – HoustonDynamo.com, HoustonDynamo/HoustonDash.com and BBVAStadium.com)
- Ability to lead and develop a team of digitally focused marketers as well as Forever Orange digital vendor relationships, self-manage projects and budgets, multitask and meet deadlines.
- In support of Sponsorship, Ticketing, Content and Brand Marketing, build and maintain an annual digital marketing calendar
- Oversee and execute all Dynamo, Dash and BBVA Stadium digital marketing initiatives
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all Dynamo, Dash and BBVA Stadium digital properties on an on-going basis
- Drive content distribution strategy for Dynamo, Dash and BBVA Stadium digital properties
- Shape the approach to the utilization of media (owned, earned, paid, trade, etc.) for the organization
- Establish marketing strategy within social and digital content and while ensuring consistency in tone and language across all platforms, as a key extension of the team’s brand positioning
- Owns weekly digital reporting across social channels, working closely with analytics teams to pull results and analyze data to create strategies and tactics that lead to building our fan base and increasing engagement within all platforms
- Deliver against KPIs across audience growth, engagement and other metrics and identify optimizations based on editorial performance week over week
- Use of fan segmentation and other research to contribute to audience development
- Regular audit and sharing of best in class content across sports properties to serve as learning for Dynamo, Dash and BBVA Stadium
- Develop customer engagement strategies that reflect an understanding of customer needs and intent
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, business or related field.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a heavy focus on Digital Marketing
- Expert in social media and digital content. Full proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and emerging platforms. Understanding of changing social environment and emerging technologies and platforms
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Digital/Social software, HTML and content management systems for websites. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Provide strategic leadership with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Prior experience in media buying and planning
- Forward thinking and innovative
- Attention to detail with an ability to operate independently
- Must be a strong cross-functional leader and communicator
- Superior verbal/written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and events as needed
- Previous experience in Digital Marketing at a sports team is a plus, but not a mandatory.
Energetic, friendly, and enthusiastic • outgoing, strong positive attitude and personality • must be a “team player” and flexible to constant changes • ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment • willing to offer and implement ideas and suggestions • punctual and professional
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work and may require an understanding of staying connected and available to cover and address time-sensitive work-related issues that arise at any hour. Presence at events may be required. Some occasional travel may be required.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?