Director - Human Resources - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Human Resources: Human Resources Management
The Director - Human Resources will work collaboratively with the executive leadership to review, recommend, and implement HR policies to ensure optimization and compliance within the Club. This position will develop and lead solutions to meet the Club’s strategic priorities by creating, aligning, and managing the Club’s HR systems and providing support and guidance for all aspects of employee relations, benefits, talent development, and performance management.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate policies, procedures, and training to support the Club’s Human Resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices, regulatory changes, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy and practice to all staff.
- Maintain, develop, and implement HR policies stemming from existing and new regulations (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, PPACA, etc.)
- Successfully manage and oversee benefit programs (Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, and COBRA) for employees, including all employee communication, problem-solving, and claims resolution. Research and implement new supplemental benefit programs as needed.
- Support and further the Club’s mission and its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work closely with the finance department to process and validate payroll.
- Provide day-to-day conflict resolution and confidentially oversee matters pertaining to investigative complaints, progressive discipline, and the termination process.
- Manage the performance review process and provide ongoing guidance to employees and managers as needed.
- Develop, manage, and execute employee relations and performance management programs and events that support morale, engagement, and organizational effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain department and employee records and reports. Maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Proactively identify and recommend HR solutions/programs based on assessment, feedback, and data that will positively impact employee morale, engagement, and organizational effectiveness
- Manage departmental budget and resources.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10+ years of Human Resources experience as a generalist or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Ultimate Software’s UKG preferred.
- Proven track record of handling employee relations issues
- Ability to develop productive and effective relationships across all levels of an organization
Licenses or Certificates:
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or other relevant certification preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact professionally with internal customers.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to this position's successful performance. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the facility's business needs.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What is your desired salary range for this position?