Dash Assistant Equipment Manager - Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash (Houston)
Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston
Player Operations: Equipment Manager
The Houston Dash is seeking candidates for Assistant Equipment Manager to help oversee equipment and kit responsibilities for the Houston Dash team. This position assists in the management and oversight of athletic and sports equipment maintenance for the Houston Dash sports program. Additionally, the person in this role aides in the coordination and maintenance of gyms and/or other sports facilities as appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training Day Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and preparation of equipment needs for the Houston Dash teams players and staff.
- Organizes and prepares player lockers with equipment prior to training.
- Helps coaching staff/medical staff deliver equipment to field prior to the start of training.
- Collects and inventories all training equipment daily.
- Conducts laundry of all training kits and staff kits immediately following training.
- Responsible for organization and appearance of locker room, and common area.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Assists head equipment manager with set up of team dressing room prior to each match.
- Responsible for ensuring players and staff follow league rules and protocols regarding equipment regulations.
- Assist with accommodating visiting team equipment requests as the home team.
- Assists in preparation of all the field equipment to the field prior to warm-up.
- Organizes and cleans up the team bench and locker room areas, towels, equipment, water, ice, and fourth officials table when home team.
Apparel & Equipment Management
- Help perform heat transfers on team apparel to be training, travel, and match ready
- Assistance of transportation of team equipment in company van to and from the stadium and airports
- Aid head equipment manager with packing for away trips
- Manage equipment needs for non-traveling players and staff while head equipment manager is on the road
- Experience in a professional sports environment
- Knowledge and passion for soccer
- Ability to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to handle and lift average-weight objects up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for more than 4 hours per day.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables. Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be a “team player” and flexible to constant changes.
- Detail oriented, professional, passionate, positive, and pro-active.
- A motivated growth-mindset and life-long learner.
- A strong work-ethic.
- Active collaborator.
- Strong communication skills.
- Punctual and professional.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?