Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Corporate Communications Coordinator with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Communications/Community Relations: Corporate Communications
The Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash are currently seeking an individual for the position of Corporate Communications Coordinator in Houston, TX. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Sr. Director of Communications.
Specific areas of responsibility include: serving as the primary communications contact for the Club’s corporate partners as well as for the Dynamo Academy and all related Club youth activities.
- Serve as the primary media liaison for the Club with all corporate partners. Work collaboratively with partner’s communications staff to plan announcement strategies and media events.
- Write and edits all press releases related to the Club’s corporate partners, ticketing initiatives, community relations efforts and other off-the-field activities.
- Create and pitches story ideas related to the Club’s front office and business initiatives, community relations projects and off-the-field activities, with the goal of driving earned media coverage.
- Serve as the primary media liaison for the Club at corporate partnership announcements, community events and other initiatives as assigned.
- Represent the Houston Dynamo and/or Houston Dash and accompany players at community events in the Houston area as needed.
- Lead the Club’s efforts in monitoring, tracking and valuation of earned media coverage using an independent monitoring and valuation platform
Youth Academy & Youth Soccer
- Serve as the primary media contact for the Houston Dynamo Academy, Houston Dash Academy and Dynamo | Dash Youth Club.
- Create content pieces for HoustonDynamo.com and HoustonDashSoccer.com pertaining to the Houston Dynamo Academy, Dash Academy, Dynamo | Dash Youth Club and other youth soccer initiatives. Content pieces may be written, audio or video in nature.
- Travel to tournaments and/or showcases with Houston Dynamo Academy, Houston Dash Academy or Dynamo | Dash Youth Club teams as assigned, with the goal of creating news content for Club digital and communications platforms, increasing exposure for the Club and generating earned media coverage.
- Assist peers within the communications department at Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash home games and related events as available and assigned.
- Travel to Houston Dynamo and/or Houston Dash away games as assigned and serve as the primary media liaison for the club when traveling with the team.
- Assist with promotion and execution of events at BBVA Stadium, including the announcement, press releases, creation of event-specific media lists as needed, pitching news stories to local and national media, and game-day media operations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year of communications or public relations experience with a professional or collegiate team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with major social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Availability to work nights, weekends and odd hours as required by team and event schedules
- Fluency in Spanish is a strong plus, but not a requirement
- On-camera experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Passionate - Loves the job and the organization; has a contagious effect; puts the organization first and is willing to make sacrifices
- Motivated - Self-driven and inspired; takes initiative and delivers results
- Organized – Understands how to manage his or her own time well, and how to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Communicator - Delivers written and verbal messages in a clear and concise fashion; knows what needs to be said, when to say it and how to say it
- People Person – Enjoys being around and meeting new people, and is comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the small details in projects; is committed to delivering high-quality, error-free work products
- Solution Oriented - Recognizes issues and takes the responsibility to proactively resolve them
- Accountable - Takes ownership for areas of responsibility and associated business results; addresses issues so that they do not reoccur
- Competitive - Wants to win and be the best in everything; achieves maximum success – individually and for the whole team
- Confident - Demonstrates belief in self and the organization and conveys that self-assurance to others internally and externally
- Team player - Works well with all departments and is open to creative suggestions
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?