Houston Dynamo Football Club, Houston Dash and Dynamo/Dash Charities is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to build and execute strategic work plans that achieve measurable results and optimal use of resources to develop and grow community relations activations. This role will support the development and coordination of campaigns to connect and with the Houston community, drive awareness, create impactful programs and develop fan loyalty.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about helping others, committed to growing the game of soccer from the grassroots level, and who also has the discipline and organizational skills to both plan and execute against meaningful projects each season. This is an opportunity to grow with us in a dynamic, collaborative, and fun environment while expressing your real passion for soccer, the Houston community and Houston Dynamo FC and the Houston Dash.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Community Engagement Coordinator will have hands-on involvement in planning and executing community initiatives that support our vision, mission and values:
- Identify and coordinate the team’s involvement in community events with a strategic eye on driving awareness of the team and our community and charitable efforts.
- Develop and foster relationships with key community and civic constituents to further support the integration of the team into the city of Houston.
- Be available to represent the team at local events during normal business hours, as well as weekends and after hours and when needs dictate.
- Asist with the planning and oversight of the team’s school and community programs throughout the year.
- Assist with player appearances as needed.
- Coordinate the activation of outreach efforts to ensure that the team is represented at key meetings and events, assigning select team personnel to ensure appropriate presence amongst various groups.
- Work closely with the PR, digital marketing, and events departments to make sure that events are promoted and executed successfully.
- Assist Director and Manager with all fundraising campaigns and events.
- Help develop detailed semi-annual and annual reports for internal and external purposes aimed at providing a snapshot of the team’s efforts, impact and key insights from the activation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in Community Engagement or non-profit.
- Experience with sports teams preferred.
- Spanish speaker preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Candidates should exhibit a “team first” attitude.
- Candidates should have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients, players, VIPs.
- Candidates should exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Candidates should exhibit a passion to succeed in the sports industry.
- Candidates should be flexible and able to adapt to various circumstances.
- Candidates should embrace the Mission, Vision and Values of Forever Orange LLC.
- Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends and some Holidays.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.