Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Accounts Payable Coordinator with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Compass Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will coordinate and process all purchase orders and vendor invoices for the Houston Dynamo, Dynamo Stadium, Houston Dash, Houston Sports Park, Forever Orange and Dynamo Charities (501c3). This position will assist with general office support tasks coordinated with and supervised by the Director of Accounting.
- Responsible for data entry and review of all vendor invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare Vendor Aging Report and process payments weekly.
- Procure Vendor W-9s and maintain accounts payable records in an organized and accurate manner.
- Oversee and reconcile various corporate credit card accounts.
- Responsible for annual 1099 preparation.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries on a timely basis.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Assist in preparation of documents for annual financial audit.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years accounts payable experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in sports and/or arena management industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software a plus.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?