Account Executive, Group Event Specialist - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Houston market is ever-evolving and one of the most diverse in the entire country. The goal of the Group Event Specialist will be to generate revenue through the sale of Group Tickets to various organizations in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at BBVA Stadium.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in sales and a solid foundation of sales training. Ideal candidates will have the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments, email, and create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization. This role is a full-time position with benefits and will report to the Sr. Manager of Group Sales
We are seeking a Group Event Specialist to be an integral member of the Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash staff.
The Group Event Specialist is required to create and manage effective revenue through the selling and servicing of all premium inventory. This position will be responsible for the development of relationships with various organizations within Houston’s private and public sectors. Presentations will be made via telephone, e-mail, virtual meetings, and face-to-face meetings. Candidates must be driven through pro-active prospecting activities including but not limited to outbound telephone calls, e-mails, and participation in various networking events. The Group Event Specialist is expected to utilize the club's prospecting tools including the use of available lists and contact management software create and manage an effective revenue yielding relationship with various organizations within the private and public sectors.
- Outbound selling of Group Tickets, Premium Tickets, and Hospitality areas including but not limited to – Suites, President’s Club Seats, Club Seats, Coushatta Pitchside Patio, el Jimador Sky Lounge, and Field level seating.
- Retention of Group Tickets and Premium book of business
- Selling of group hospitality tickets to private businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Selling of new Season Memberships and Partial Plan packages to private local, regional and national businesses with operations in the Houston area.
- Selling of BBVA stadium events including but not limited to – International Soccer, Rugby, and concerts.
- Attending chamber of commerce meetings, business-related networking functions.
- Perform basic office functions and sales and service activities to achieve a personal and departmental sales quota.
- Work all Dynamo FC and Dash match days including Stadium events to be assigned.
- Any special projects assigned by Senior Manager of Group Sales.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year of ticket sales and service experience with a professional sports organization
- Passion for sales
- Goal oriented and a creative self-starter
- Strong work ethic and desire to build a career in professional sports
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Sports Management, or related field preferred
- Sales experience within the professional sports or entertainment industries is preferred
- The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and provide reports and summaries as directed
- Extensive sales prospecting-by-phone, cold-calling experience
- Track record of setting meetings with key decision-makers of community and corporate groups
- Proven written and presentation skills
- Experience with CRM Database management system and SeatGeek a plus
- The candidate must be fluent in English and possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook. A bachelor’s degree and/or 1-3 years of pro sports sales experience is preferred. Knowledge of the local market helpful.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.