Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive, Group Event Specialist with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Houston market is ever-evolving and one of the most diverse in the entire country. The goal of the Account Executive, Group Event Specialist will be to generate revenue through the sale of Group Tickets through various organizations in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at BBVA Stadium.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in sales and a solid foundation of sales training. Ideal candidates will have the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments, email and create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization. This role is a full-time position with benefits and will report to the Sr. Manager of Group Sales
We are seeking an Account Executive, Group Event Specialist to be an integral member of the Houston Dynamo and Dash staff.
The Account Executive, Group Event Specialist, is required to create and manage effective revenue through the selling and servicing of all premium inventory. This position will be responsible for the developing of relationships with various organizations within Houston’s private and public sectors. Presentations will be made via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face meetings and be driven through pro-active prospecting activities including but not limited to outbound telephone calls, e-mails and participation in various networking events. The Account Executive, Group Event Specialist is expected to utilize the clubs prospecting tools including use of available lists and contact management software create and manage an effective revenue yielding relationship with various organizations within the private and public sectors.
- Outbound selling of Group Tickets, Premium Tickets and Hospitality areas including but not limited to – Suites, President’s Club Seats, Club Seats, East End Ice House and Field level seating.
- Retention of Group Tickets and Premium book of business
- Selling of group hospitality tickets to private businesses and business organizations.
- Selling of new Season Memberships and Partial Plan packages to private local, regional and national businesses with operations in the Houston area.
- Selling of Dynamo stadium events including but not limited to – International Soccer, Rugby, and concerts.
- Attending chamber of commerce meetings, business related networking functions.
- Perform basic office functions and sales and service activities to achieve a personal and departmental sales quota.
- Work all Dynamo game days including Dash and Stadium events to be assigned.
- Any special projects assigned by Senior Manager of Group Sales.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year of ticket sales and service experience with a professional sports organization
- Passion for sales
- Goal oriented and a creative self-starter
- Strong work ethic and desire to build career in professional sports
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Sports Management or related field preferred
- Sales experience within the professional sports or entertainment industries is preferred
- The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and provide reports and summaries as directed
- Extensive sales prospecting-by-phone, cold-calling experience
- Track record of setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups
- Proven written and presentation skills
- Experience with database marketing and Veritix a plus
- The candidate must be fluent in English and possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or 1-3 years of pro sports sales experience is preferred. Knowledge of the local market helpful.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?