Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Summer Youth Programs Intern with Houston Dynamo in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
The Forever Orange organization is seeking candidates for Youth Programs Intern for the Summer of 2020. The Youth Programs Internship program provides hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful Houston Dynamo Youth Camp & event.
- Assist with the preparation of camper and coaching equipment
- Assist the Programs Coordinator with set-up upon arrival of camp site
- Answering customer inquiries via phone and email
- Evenings and Weekends will be required during camp weeks
- Managing and updating inventory on a weekly basis
- Help with camp registration and check-in process on the first day of each program
- Assist with pre-camp operations and preparations
- Assist with the post camp breakdown of equipment
- Follow up on registrations (refunds, sign up issues)
- Assist with marketing of camps on event days
- Be able to professionally communicate and interact with children and parents
- Be innovative and whiling to bring in new ideas
- Available for up to 28 hours per week on a non-traditional schedule
- Soccer knowledge is a plus
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must have own transportation
Skills And Experience
- Interest And Experience In Competitive Sports Preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
COMPANY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates should exhibit a “team first” attitude.
- Candidates MUST receive college credit
- Candidates should have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients, players, VIPs.
- Candidates should exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Candidates should exhibit a passion to succeed in the sports industry.
- Candidates should be flexible and able to adapt to various circumstances.
- Candidates should be currently pursuing post-secondary education.
- Candidates understand positions are unpaid and do not entitle individual to future employment with club.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?