Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Spring Equipment Internship with Houston Dynamo/Houston Dash in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo/Houston Dash jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
The Houston Dynamo organization is seeking candidates for Equipment Interns for the 2020 Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, and Dynamo Academy seasons. The Houston Dynamo Intern program provides hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful professional sporting event.
An Equipment Intern will be responsible for assisting the Dynamo, Dash, and Academy equipment staff with the day-to-day training and game schedules. The duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the set-up and break down of field equipment at training sessions; including inflating balls, moving goals, storage of equipment
- Assisting the Equipment Managers with daily team laundry and set up of the locker room
- Assisting with the transportation of the team equipment to and from the airport for away game travel
- Assisting with and learning the process to oversee reserve trainings while team travels for away games
- Assisting with and learning the process to oversee visiting team needs for training sessions in Houston
- Learning what acting as a team liaison entails
- Internship must be for school credit
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not required
COMPANY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates should exhibit a “team first” attitude.
- Candidates should have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients, players, VIPs.
- Candidates should exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Candidates should exhibit a passion to succeed in the sports industry.
- Candidates should be flexible and able to adapt to various circumstances.
- Candidates should be currently pursuing post-secondary education.
- Candidates understand positions are unpaid and do not entitle individual to future employment with club.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?