Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Spring Community Relations/Dynamo Charities Internship with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
The Forever Orange organization is seeking candidates for Community Relations/Dynamo Charities for the 2020 Spring Internship. The Community Relations/Dynamo Charities internship program provides hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful professional sporting event.
The Community Relations department and Dynamo Charities has two roles: maintaining and building relationships with the community through a variety of community outreach efforts including but not limited to school visits, youth clinics and player appearances. Dynamo Charities, is the charitable arm of the Houston Dynamo and Dash, focusing on giving back to the community through ticket and equipment donations as well as other charitable giving and fundraising events throughout the year.
Responsibilities for this position can include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with potential sponsors in an effort to secure funding for programs
- Assisting with Game Day duties
- Coordinating the ticket donation and in-kind donation programs.
- Developing and implementing Community events for the Dynamo
- Representing the Dynamo in the community through player appearances
- Coordinating with other non-profits or groups for events and charity ticket distributions
- Writing thank you letters and receipts
- Assisting with planning and implementation of charity events like The Dynamo Charities Top Golf Classic.
COMPANY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates should exhibit a “team first” attitude.
- Candidates should have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients, players, VIPs.
- Candidates should exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Candidates should exhibit a passion to succeed in the sports industry.
- Candidates should be flexible and able to adapt to various circumstances.
- Candidates must be currently pursuing post-secondary education.
- Candidates understand positions are unpaid and do not entitle individual to future employment with club.
- Candidates must receive academic credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?