Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Spring Communications Internship with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
The Houston Dynamo and Dash are seeking two candidates for a communications internship for the 2020 Spring Semester to assist with the MLS and NWSL season. The Houston Dynamo and Dash internship program provides hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful professional sporting event.
- Compilation of daily earned-media coverage
- Management of media distribution lists
- Research for and write press releases and other projects
- Produce Dynamo or Dash related content for website
- Participate in Marketing Communications department meetings and events
- Assisting in all aspects of press box operations on game days including press box setup, managing Media Will Call, transcribing quotes and additional duties.
COMPANY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong communication skills (writing and speaking)
- Written and oral Spanish language skills a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of MLS, NWSL and the Houston Dynamo and Dash preferable
- Interns must receive college/university credit for this internship. Proof of course credit is required.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and local housing.
- Must be available to work on evenings and weekends of home games at BBVA Stadium.
- Please include a cover letter and resume when applying
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?