Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
STEAM FC Educator (Part-Time) with FC DALLAS, Major League Soccer & Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX
FC Dallas Foundation is seeking qualified, part-time STEAM FC Educators to assist the FC Dallas Foundation in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM FC education program, which leverages the game of soccer, the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Toyota Stadium to spark an interest in 6th-graders for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. The job centers on various capacities: leading visiting school groups through a tour of the stadium, lesson instruction, National Soccer Hall of Fame experience and soccer movement lab.
Successful candidates are dependable, energetic, self-motivated, like working with people of all ages, show initiative, and possess excellent verbal and written skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, and desires to provide a quality educational experience for the participants of STEAM FC.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Comfortable providing teachers, students, and parents program content
- Present STEAM FC tours/workshops
- Facilitate programming to 6th-graders
- Create and maintain positive relationships with STEAM FC constituents
- Maintain and organize supplies needed for programs activities and demonstrations
- Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEAM concepts behind the game of soccer
- All STEAM FC staff members are expected to interact with program visitors and assist with various projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for inspiring, empowering and educating 6th-graders via the STEAM FC platform
- Ability to work enthusiastically, respectfully and professionally with a wide variety of audiences
- Public speaking skills and experience working in group settings
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team work environment
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related work experience preferred
- Experience working with school-aged children and the general public in a learning environment • Experience with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology as needed
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience working with school aged children?
Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays?
Yes/No: In the past seven years, have you been convicted of a crime, other than a minor traffic violation? If yes, describe in full below: (will not necessarily exclude you from consideration)