Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 SPRING Internship - STADIUM OPERATIONS with FC DALLAS, Major League Soccer & Toyota Stadium in Frisco · TX
Position Overview: FC Dallas is seeking a Stadium Operations/Complex Operations intern who will work directly with the Stadium Operations and Complex Management Departments to assist with scheduling, organizing and coordinating of all events at Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center, with an emphasis on event day logistics. Event day logistics include locker room set-up, table and chair set-up, and pre-game operations. This internship is designed to give students an overall view of the daily operations of a Major League Soccer Stadium and Complex that is in use over 300 days a year.
Job Duties include:
- Assist the Stadium Operations Department with game day operations to include set up, tear down and event management.
- Assist with coordination among other departments to ensure that all day of game set-up, giveaways, signage, etc. are met effectively.
- Help coordinate, plan, and oversee soccer events, concerts, tournaments & other special events at Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center.
- Facilitate any visiting team’s needs; oversee all specific requests, working with various departments to facilitate those requests.
- Facilitate requests made by front office staff, vendors, League officials and others as needed.
- Developing timelines, itineraries, and checklists prior to events.
- Assist with compliance in accreditation and parking for Staff and Volunteers.
- Coordinate pre-game events on the field in accordance with MLS rules and regulations.
- Resolve customer service issues or work with supervisors if unable to do so alone.
- Observe complex fields to ensure safety procedures, security procedures and equipment usage procedures are followed.
- Update & maintain schedules for staff, complex and field usage
- Develop and maintain all proper documentation & files for events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-orientated with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Knowledge about the sport of Soccer.
- Provide helpful and courteous customer service to all vendors and guests and have the ability to problem solve as needed.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft word and excel applications
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk extended distances
- Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in Outdoor weather conditions to include wet, hot or humid conditions
- Ability to work near loud noises
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: Are you 18 years of age or older?
Yes/No: I am an active college student?
Yes/No: I will receive college credit for an internship with FC Dallas?
Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays?
Yes/No: I have access to or will locate local housing?
Yes/No: I am aware that all internships with FC Dallas are unpaid and MUST be used for college credit?
Yes/No: In the past seven years, have you been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If yes, please explain. (Will not exclude you from consideration)