Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 SPRING Internship - SOCIAL MEDIA with FC DALLAS, Major League Soccer & Toyota Stadium in Frisco · TX
Position Overview: FC Dallas is looking for a creative and driven Social Media intern to assist in running the social media accounts of our various properties. This person will work alongside the Social Media Manager and have a chance to learn how FC Dallas runs their social media accounts, covers events and games, and much more. Concluding this internship this person will have a working knowledge of social media management in sports and be able to pursue digital positions across many industries. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
- Assist the Social Media Manager in creation and development of content to distribute across all social media platforms.
- Assist in scheduling and implementing a monthly, weekly, daily social media calendar.
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real time.
- Real time coverage of live team events and functions. MATCH DAY AVAILABILITY IS A MUST
- Possibility of updating of social media channels from home during road games.
- Apply copywriting skills in posts across all social media channels.
- Basic photography and videography skills.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to work at least 2 days a week in the office, events as needed, and game days.
- Students that are bilingual in Spanish are preferred, but not necessary.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in advertising, marketing, video production, or related field.
- Interested in pursuing a career in digital media.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop. Knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects a plus and will set you apart from other applicants.
- Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- An 'ideas' person who is able to work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
- Strong attention to small details is a must.
- Strong interest and knowledge of soccer is a plus.
- Must have own laptop (Mac preferred).
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: Are you 18 years of age or older?
Yes/No: I am an active college student?
Yes/No: I will receive college credit for an internship with FC Dallas?
Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays?
Yes/No: I have access to or will locate local housing?
Yes/No: In the past seven years, have you been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If yes, please explain. (Will not exclude you from consideration)