Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event & Operations Internship - Spring 2020 with D.C. United in Washington · DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
D.C. United Operations interns will report directly to the Operations Coordinator. They will also function in supportive roles to the Managers and Directors of the Operations Department. All internships for D.C. United are unpaid internships; however interns are paid for hours worked on match days and other D.C. United events. The internship allows individuals to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment, events and fan/guest experience industry.
- Assisting with event management, set-up/breakdown for all D.C. United home matches, Audi Field athletic, corporate and special stadium events.
- Assisting the Operations staff with office maintenance projects, maintaining company equipment, documenting facility requests, equipment storage and inventory.
- Assisting with the accreditation of full time staff and match day personnel.
- Supportive functions including the planning, logistics, and execution of various stadium and operational projects.
- Various physical labor tasks related to the overall daily operation of the Club, including event setup/breakdown and other logistical needs related to any ancillary D.C. United events.
- Please refer to the D.C. United website to view the Home Match Schedule for the 2019 Season as an example of events that our interns are required to work. Additional working days will be put before our interns in a timely manner.
- Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants available to commit full time are preferred, but part time candidates will also be considered.
- Candidates should be very comfortable performing physical labor duties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus.
- Candidates should be comfortable dealing with customers, possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detail oriented. Prior experience with customer service and people/event management is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?