Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Information Technology with D.C. United in Washington, DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington, DC
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
We are looking for a talented individual to build and lead the Club’s Information Technology department. The position will be primarily focused on overseeing all aspects of the IT foundation along with maintaining and satisfying the day to day needs in the front office. This position requires an individual equally comfortable with rolling up their sleeves and getting things done while maintaining a strategic plan. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated and have a strong knowledge of leading edge sports facility technology trends. The successful candidate thinks strategically while getting things done and demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Direct involvement in the design, procurement and installation of all Information Technology
- Prepare an annual budget for Information Technology including recurring operations and new technology initiatives in concert with key stakeholders and other department heads.
- Work with key stakeholders in sales, marketing and operations to produce a seamless fan experience.
- Select and manage technology vendors to execute technology projects.
- Provide the technology perspective on new and ongoing initiatives.
- Ensure the security of technology infrastructure.
- Coordinate with MLS and other teams on league wide technology initiatives.
- Coordinate stadium technologies including Wifi, Apple FFE, TIcketmaster, FLOFC beacons and other emerging technologies.
- Maintain an up to date technology stack for HR, financials and other front office functions.
- Understand the system-wide implications of technology choices.
- Communicate and explain complex technology solutions without the use of the technical jargon.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years of hands on technology experience.
- Experience in operating professional or collegiate sports venues required; involvement in the construction and/or renovation of a sporting/entertainment venue preferred.
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with ticketing platforms.
- Experience with modern point of sale systems.
- Experience with venue management and event planning systems.
- Experience with multi-million dollar technology procurement.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent large-scale, milestone-based, technology project deliveries.
- Experience as a Network Engineer is preferred.
- Ability to lead software development and integration projects with multiple partners simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience with the technology stack used by professional sports teams.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Platform, integration of enhancements and managing custom development on the platform is preferred.
- Knowledge of eMarketing, including CRM, programmatic display, social media, app downloads and keyword advertising and automation tools supporting these initiatives.
- Knowledge of multiple software development methodologies.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Present an overall professional appearance.
- Possess strong networking skills with peers across FCC and the sports technology community.
- Be able to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?