Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Assistant Athletic Trainer/Massage Therapist with D.C. United in Washington · DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
D.C. United is looking for a qualified individual to join our team as an Assistant Athletic Trainer/Massage Therapist. The Athletic Trainer’s main function is to assist the Head Athletic Trainer for the first team in the day to day sports medicine operations for the club. Primary role will be as a soft tissue specialist. Will also include rehabilitation, practice, and game coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in health-related field required. Master’s preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of sports medicine required, preferably with a soccer background or an internship from an MLS affiliated club.
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer – must be in good standing with the NATABOC and a member or the NATA.
- Licensed Massage Therapist, LMT, VA State license preferred.
- Current professional CPR certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
- Bilingual in Spanish is of benefit.
- Must possess a valid passport/driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel with team and work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop preventative strategies, evaluation, treatment and management of athletic injuries, communication with Head Athletic Trainer and team doctors, appropriate record keeping. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Head Athletic Trainer with any needs or tasks assigned.
- Supervision and coverage of all home and away games.
- Daily supervision and coverage of all training sessions.
- Create health care and injury prevention techniques.
- Create and implement treatments.
- Managing and designing rehabilitation and return to play programs.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date medical information and medical files on players and communicating to coaches and Sports Medicine staff.
- Manage, order, and stock sports medicine supplies.
- Assist in creating and coordinating return to play programs.
- Arranging and coordinating all physician and medical imaging appointments.
- Maintain athletic training room and modalities in neat orderly working condition.
- Assist with transportation of players to and from physician appointments.
- Supervising and overseeing Athletic Training seasonal intern.
- Supervising and overseeing Athletic Training students.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?