Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive, Group Events & Hospitality with D.C. United in Washington, DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington, DC
Ticket Sales and Services: Hospitality Management
D.C. United is looking to add a relationship driven sales professional to our group events and hospitality team. The ideal candidate is motivated, competitive, and driven to become a leader in the sports sales industry.
The position will be focused on generating group sales revenue through dedicated group sales outreach focused on organizations within the DMV area (youth soccer, affinity groups, B2B, schools, etc). The selected candidate will be expected to set/execute face-to-face appointments on a consistent basis, make outbound sales calls, in addition to working sales events and games.
The candidate should have a solid understanding of the group sales process with a relationship focused personality and a proven track record of selling and servicing group accounts within the sports industry.
Core Responsibilities include:
Core Responsibilities include:
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals while providing a top level of service to all D.C. United fans.
- Generate group sales opportunities through cold calling, outside appointments and stadium tours.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers and build relationships to earn repeat business.
- Develop ideas and strategic plans for group theme nights
- Service, renew and upsell existing group sales accounts.
- Maintain all touchpoints with clients and prospects within CRM.
- Adoption of additional sales tools including, but not limited to, LinkedIN Sales Navigator, ZipWhip, and GoTo Meeting.
- Execute a minimum of 4 meetings and 300 outbound phone callsper week.
- Represent D.C. United in the most positive way on game days when interacting with clients and prospects at D.C. United sales tables or at their seats.
- Contribute positively to the D.C. sales culture.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or sport management.
- Minimum of 1 years of successful sales experience with a professional sports team in a high volume sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
- Must be open to learning throughout sales training process and be a coachable team member
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have more than one year insales experience? Y/N If yes, please explain your experience.