Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Vice President, Communications with D.C. United in Washington · DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Business Officer, the Vice President, Communications, is responsible for strategizing, building and implementing a comprehensive public relations, communications and marketing plan for both D.C. United and Audi Field. Your efforts will be aimed at communicating the narrative of the organization to the media, existing and prospective fans, business leaders, and community leaders to help positively portray D.C. United in the community and drive ticket sales, brand awareness and corporate interest and perception for D.C. United. Your efforts will be at the forefront of the “D.C. United 2020” ambition to become the preeminent sports team in the nation’s capital and “Uniting the District” behind our team, stadium and entertainment platforms.
- Work with first team staff and players to develop yearlong communication strategy aimed at delivering innovative and compelling content to our fans while also growing the profile of our players in the DC sports community and the national soccer community.
- Work with digital team to build yearlong content calendar in line with the marketing goals of the organization.
- Work with personnel across various teams including digital, ticket sales and events to plan and execute fully comprehensive fan segmentation marketing and communications strategic playbook.
- Lead team of marketing coordinators to facilitate and fulfill traditional and strategic marketing partnerships plan.
- D.C. United and Audi Field communications including, but not limited to press releases, press conference set up, crisis management, pitching stories, managing media relations.
- First team communications including, but not limited to press releases, coordinating interviews, development of standard game preview/game night materials, media guides, and producing other soccer related content.
- Work with senior staff and marketing agency of record to develop and launch yearlong marketing and communications strategy of two new Caesar’s sports bar concepts in Audi Field in addition to Audi Field event portfolio.
- Create and Implement crisis and reputation management plan related to media communications.
- Oversee broadcast arm of D.C. United matches inclusive of talent, in game messaging, and production company management.
- Primary contact with all media. Creating and nurturing positive relationships with local, regional and national media.
- Work with digital team to assist in implementation of social influencer marketing program.
- Consistently strategize new techniques to reach and market to predetermined target audiences such as business executives, millennials and Latino communities.
- Manage other D.C. United employees with communications-related responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations/Corporate Communications/Marketing
- 6+ years of experience in corporate communications or marketing setting
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and initiate proactive communication and marketing strategy
- Understand the current media and marketing landscape and how digital/social has altered how news gets delivered
- Good understanding of the D.C. metro area
- Strong understanding of nurturing media relationships
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Demonstrate relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Positive attitude and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work without much supervision
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creativity in solving complex issues
- Ability to self-prioritize tasks to achieve business goals and objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?