Manager, Email & Digital Advertising with Columbus Crew SC in Columbus · OH
Columbus Crew SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Columbus · OH
Marketing: Internet Marketing
The Manager of Email & Digital Advertising will oversee all e-mail and digital advertising campaigns including strategy, planning, distribution, measurement and optimization to support current brand and revenue goals. Campaigns will cover first team, franchise branding, ticketing/revenue and stadium support. They will be responsible for audience segmentation, campaign management and optimization, budget monitoring and performance, and vendor relationship management. They will also work collaboratively across the greater marketing team, public relations, soccer operations, ticketing, corporate partnerships and community relations/foundation ensuring integration of campaigns against franchise objectives.
- Build seasonal media plans and make subsequent revisions to optimize spend and reach across the target market across current and net new fans. Provide significant input into all media mix discussions and analysis working to achieve database growth and MQL goals.
- Manage the digital media planning and media buying processes, including identifying or maximizing strong market opportunities. Manage media agencies in the development and execution of media plans, from recommended purchase through post analysis.
- Leads strategic direction and implementation of improvements to paid search, display, and email, with a focus on fan acquisition/ retention and traffic growth across franchise websites.
- Develop and coordinate breakthrough, integrated programs across partners and vendors that deliver brand and revenue objectives.
- Identifies and develops programs that ensure our customer acquisition and retention strategies effectively reach and engage prospective and existing fans through search engines, outbound marketing (email, display, social, etc.), programmatic marketing, OLV and other emerging channels.
- Work closely across Crew peers, 3rd party agencies, platforms and vendors to ensure effective segmentation, modeling and creative using analytics and measurement to lead decision making and campaign enhancements.
- Oversee new fan database platform and serve as primary liaison between vendor and Crew/HSG departments.
- Grows the Crew email/fan database and work closely with web and app teams on mobile ongoing goals and efficient acquisition.
- Support VP in managing paid advertising budget allocation, forecasting and reconciliation
- Develop, implement and execute all email campaigns and segmentation priorities.
- Manages service relationship with all media agencies, platforms and vendors.
- Ensure strong negotiations that result in breakthrough, efficient and effective media programs. Identify unique media buying opportunities. Negotiate directly with vendors. Make decisions regarding spending levels and placement tactics.
- Pursue significant business opportunities and added-value programs via media partnerships. Infuse the media program with innovation and strategic vision.
- Monitor trends and competitors in email and digital advertising channels; appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of paid media efforts.
- Develop best practices for digital media planning, buying processes and e-mail campaigns. Leverage MLS league benchmarks and stay on top of new platforms and industry best in class ideas.
- 7+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience across email and digital advertising responsibilities
- Sport marketing experience preferred
- Expert at Digital Marketing Strategy and Analytics: deep knowledge of email marketing, paid search, search engine optimization, paid social, display and other critical online marketing tools and channels.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of interactive media (all channels and pricing models), interactive tools and technologies (including Omnniture, HItwise, etc.)
- Extensive digital advertising/search experience; strong background in search and a wide variety of outbound campaign development and optimization including email marketing with a strong understanding of various strategies & techniques.
- Experience across developing complex segmentation and contact strategies across the online landscape that optimize investments and build both short-term and long-term fan/brand value.
- Proficient to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Dynamics CRM, database, media planning and ticketing software. Ability to learn and master new software programs required.
- Experience launching, managing and monitoring consumer-oriented campaigns in a digitally centric environment.
- Track-record of managing successful campaigns across all media types with an emphasis in digital and social amplification
- Track-record of operating at a high strategic level, while also being able to quickly drill down into the minutiae of technology, products, and services.
- Experience leveraging analytical inputs to create well-rounded ideas that help businesses operate more efficiently or develop products that meet the needs of fans today.
- Strong personnel management, collaboration, communication, time management and organizational skills. Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects on strict deadlines.
- Well-grounded individual who is able to manage, communicate and collaborate effectively across the organization(s) at all levels
- Flexibility, responsibility and dependability an absolute must
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Occasional travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?