Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Experience Team Members (Stadium Ushers, Ticket Takers)
Columbus Crew SC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
Columbus Crew SC Overview
Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and in 2015, Crew SC was crowned MLS Eastern Conference Champions in the organization’s 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008 and also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2018 campaign is the Black & Gold’s 20th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium -- the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States – where the club set single-season sellout records and hosted the 2015 MLS Cup. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
MAPFRE Stadium is seeking part-time seasonal Experience Team Members for the 2018 season. Experience Team Members serve in an important capacity including Ushers, Greeters and Ticket Takers among other guest service roles.
The Experience Team plays a vital role when it comes to creating a clean, safe, and enjoyable experience for our fans and guests. As the first point of contact for guest requests and needs, courteous hospitality must be exhibited at all times. Experience Team Members are encouraged to be proactive in every area while demonstrating a professional manner.
All Experience Team Members are responsible for providing exceptional customer service at MAPFRE Stadium by making every effort to ensure a positive guest experience. The Experience Team serves an essential function by hosting guests visiting the stadium and by utilizing an ever-growing knowledge of our facility and events.
The hours for Experience Team Member positions are highly variable and dependent on the Crew SC and MAPFRE Stadium event schedule. Experience Team Members are required to work events in their entirety including pre- and post-event responsibilities as well as at least 80% of Crew SC home matches and MAPFRE Stadium events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide highest level of customer service to ensure guests’ expectations are met or exceeded and their overall experience at MAPFRE Stadium is positive and memorable
- Create a welcoming experience for guests
- Facilitate all guest-related matters in a professional and courteous manner through creative problem-solving
- Scan tickets for entry with a smile and friendly greeting
- Check tickets and direct guests to appropriate seats in all areas of MAPFRE Stadium
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the venue policies, procedures and event information
- Enforce policies during an event to assure the safety and security of all guests
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all patrons and fellow staff members
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally eligible for employment in the United States (proof of eligibility will be required prior to beginning work)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 80% of all scheduled MAPFRE Stadium events. The Major League Soccer (MLS) season begins in March and generally ends in November
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills. Second language a plus
- Ability to maintain friendly demeanor and professional behavior with guests, supporters and staff in pressure-filled situations
- Ability to take on any role within the Experience Team (and switch roles as necessary) depending on event requirements
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and may include walking long distances and climbing stairs
- Punctuality and reliability are essential for success
- Ability to stay alert and observant during Crew SC home Matches and MAPFRE Stadium Events to ensure patron safety
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions that includes the extreme heat, cold , rain, sleet, snow and direct sunlight
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?