Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event Security & Parking Manager with Columbus Crew in Columbus · OH
Columbus Crew jobs
Sports Jobs in Columbus · OH
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Columbus Crew SC is seeking an Event Security and Parking Manager to lead security and parking initiatives at MAPFRE Stadium and Crew Training Facility at Obetz. The Event Security and Parking Manager is primarily responsible for developing and implementing procedures and protocols which ensure the safety of staff, guests and supporters at all Crew SC facilities. This position also serves as a safety & security liaison between Crew SC and Major League Soccer, US Soccer and other external organizations including local/national government agencies including law enforcement and fire. Additional responsibilities include managing a comprehensive plan for ingress and egress traffic for all MAPFRE Stadium events.
The position is based in Columbus, Ohio and reports to the Vice President of Stadium Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all day-to-day and event day safety & security operational needs for Columbus Crew SC, MAPFRE Stadium, and Crew Training Center at Obetz
- Plan, develop, and implement policies and procedures to ensure the security and safety of guests, stadium employees, athletes & entertainers, contractors, physical property, and IT infrastructure
- Direct the planning of event-specific security and staffing plans including collaboration with appropriate law enforcement agencies. Manage relationships and coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel such as private, local, state & federal safety & security agencies
- Develop, document, execute and review security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Provide effective training to all employees, including full-time, part-time and seasonal staff, regarding their roles in emergency response situations. Compile safety and security reports for each event as required by Major League Soccer or event promoters
- Monitor and document all medical and security incidents including compiling incident reports, video footage, and other action reports as necessary.
- Work with all local groups and agencies on a comprehensive ingress and egress traffic and parking plan for all events conducted at Mapfre Stadium.
- Collaborate with Facilities, Grounds, and all other internal departments to successfully execute events
- Develop and manage event day parking by working closely with partners from multiple agencies to ensure success.
- Manage department budget and ensure accuracy of revenue and expense reports.
- Produce and execute formalized department policy and procedure manual(s) to include log and distribution process of parking passes for staff, vendors, and guests.
- Work closely with Events department on all events to ensure parking needs are met by attending pre event meetings and maintaining constant communication with appropriate parties.
- Responsible for addressing all customer service issues related to parking in a professional manner and within a reasonable time.
- Consistently monitor technology and other trends in parking management to ensure the facility maintains an effective operation.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with background in events, operations, logistics, law enforcement, parking or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of safety and security policies and protocols with a large venue
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, parking and security preferred
- Maintain Trained Crowd Manager, AED, CPR, and First Aid certifications
- Ability to work discreetly with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to proactively build and strengthen partnerships with local/national government agencies
- High ability to take initiative as well as anticipate and solve problems; sometimes in high pressure situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and meet strict deadlines
- High proficiency in managing administrative processes and programs
- Experience with security camera operations is preferred
- Demonstrated professionalism with both internal and external audiences
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills. Customer service experience a plus
- Familiarity with logistical and set-up requirements of sports and other events
- Must be available some evenings and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?