Director, Video Content & Production with Columbus Crew SC in Columbus · OH
Columbus Crew SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Columbus · OH
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
The Director of Video Content & Production will oversee the creative strategic intent, production and execution of all Columbus Crew video assets and storytelling for distribution across all owned, paid and earned media channels. They will be responsible for all content creation, project management, budget monitoring and performance, and vendor relationship management. They will also be responsible for overseeing and managing and the Content and Production team and work collaboratively across the greater marketing team, public relations, soccer operations, ticketing, corporate partnerships and community relations/foundation ensuring our storytelling and messaging is integrated and supports our overall franchise mission, values and objectives.
- Oversee and lead content team to develop strategic creative direction and production of all video and audio content for the organization
- Conceive and create new seasonal campaigns across first team, branding and stadium/ticket initiatives all grounded in franchise branding in partnership with VP and other marketing Directors.
- Work across Senior Staff and fellow Directors to set seasonal initiatives and messaging priorities. Work to integrate stories and initiatives across first team, brand, ticketing, corporate partners, and our foundation to tell our greater franchise story
- Work with Senior Staff to create new programming for the purpose of adding value to current or future corporate deals, ticketing or other revenue initiatives
- Work closely with the other peers to ensure effective messaging and creative using analytics and measurement to lead decision making and enhancements
- Ensure message consistencies are maintained across platforms
- Manage department budget allocation, forecasting and reconciliation
- Manage all vendor contracts ensuring favorable deal terms to support business initiatives
- Recruit, mentor and retain video content staff
- Maintain operational rigor and efficiency as well as identify ways for department growth, new processes and new storytelling avenues
- Responsible for creative development, production, content and quality of assigned programs
- Collaborate with digital and advertising teams to create video content to optimize performance across all paid and owned digital channels
- Execute the mission and vision implemented by the organization
- Develop internal video to support community charitable events and community outings
The successful candidate will have the following specific experience and possess these necessary skills:
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in project and program management, budget management and directing or assist in the creation of new content for digital, video and audio platforms
- Sport marketing experience preferred
- Ability to manage employees, communicate and collaborate effectively across the organization
- Track record of developing and presenting seasonal strategic direction to leadership for approval
- Experience launching, managing and monitoring consumer-oriented campaigns
- Experience working in fast-paced environment with the ability to create stand-out, unique and award-winning productions
- Track-record of managing successful launches of significant productions across all media types with an emphasis in digital and social amplification
- Track-record of operating at a high strategic level, while also being able to quickly drill down into the minutiae of technology, products, and services.
- Experience leveraging analytical inputs to create well-rounded ideas that help businesses operate more efficiently or develop products that meet the needs of customers today.
- Solid track-record of creating and implementing successful business processes that allow for thorough yet rapid evaluation and execution of opportunities
- Creative, hands-on, and entrepreneurial attitude
- Commercial savvy, bottom line driven and focused on profitable growth all associated to strong brand storytelling
- Well-grounded individual who is able to manage, communicate and collaborate effectively across the organization(s) at all levels
- Strong understanding of creative production / post-process and asset management a must
- Experience and/or education in video production and non-linear editing required
- Knowledge of software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects, etc
- Ability to work event / match hours- nights and weekends and travel to away matches and league events
- Self-motivated, with initiative a must
- Flexibility, responsibility and dependability an absolute must
- Four-year art and/or creative marketing degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?