Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Soccer Operations Intern with FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati · OH
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team this season. The club’s ownership group is led by managing owners Carl H. Lindner III, Scott Farmer and George Joseph. MLS invited Cincinnati to the league as an expansion team in May 2018, giving the club one of the fastest run-ups to its first-division launch in league history. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current President Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the USL in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion, and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. The team currently plays its home games at the historic Nippert Stadium on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, and has started construction on a $250 million, privately funded, 26,000+ seat soccer-specific stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati that is expected to open in early 2021.
The Operations Intern will support the Soccer administration department in day to day needs. This individual will have access to see how a sports organization works as a business entity, as well as build relationships with individuals at all levels across FC Cincinnati. This role will be primarily in Milford, Ohio at our Mercy Health Training Center. The work days will vary dependent upon the team schedule and student availability, the core schedule will be 4-5 days per week, Monday – Friday. This is an unpaid internship, students must receive college credit.
- Assist with general daily administration of FC Cincinnati’s first team
- Assist athletes with relocation needs
- Assist with arranging player / trial player transportation
- Assist with planning logistics for first team road trips
- Support in the logistics of game day preparation and execution
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
Education and Experience
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in Business or Sport Management, preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in professional sports environment, preferred.
- “Make it happen” attitude
- Strong team philosophy; proven ability to work positively, collaboratively and professionally within a team and across an organization
- An innovative approach and willingness to contribute creative solutions to problems as they arise
- Strong ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to develop productive and effective relationships across all levels of an organization
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bilingual with Spanish a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a West End Neighborhood, Cincinnati, Ohio, resident?
Are you able to get college credit for this intership?