Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Senior Accountant with FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati
Accounting and Finance: Payroll
About FC Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. MLS invited Cincinnati to the league as an expansion team in May 2018, giving the club one of the fastest run-ups to its first-division launch in league history – 277 days from invitation to its first game. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current president Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion, and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. The team currently plays its home games at the historic Nippert Stadium on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, while its $250 million, privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific stadium is constructed in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati. The new stadium is expected to open in March 2021.
FC Cincinnati is searching for a Senior Accountant, who will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the completion of daily operational accounting functions. This person will execute various tasks for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes, in conjunction with the Senior Accounting Manager, as well as work in a cross-functional role to perform accounting activities including detailed general ledger preparation and reconciliation, treasury, and year-end audit preparation. The ideal candidate should be an effective communicator, have an innate desire to be great, and must also be a team player who strives for both maximum efficiency and quality in everything he or she does. The successful candidate hired for this role will be an experienced individual who can demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in performing daily accounting functions while proactively identifying discrepancies or areas of improvement and solving problems as they arise. Experience with NetSuite is preferred, but not required.
- Execute daily accounting functions including preparation of all aspects of the general ledger, A/P and A/R, and multi-company reporting
- Understand existing compensation plans and record journal entries for payroll and related benefits in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor all banking functions and bank accounts, and provide banking reports to various internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Complete the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes in accordance with US GAAP including entering journal entries and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure all entries are recorded and accounts are reconciled on a timely basis to support efficient and accurate close process and reporting
- Assist the Controller and Senior Accounting Manager in preparation for external audit
- Assist with all league reporting including annual financial package and event revenue reporting
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in NetSuite and Paycor is a plus
- CPA or MBA preferred but not required
FCC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FCC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a West End Neighborhood, Cincinnati OH resident?