Manager of Communications - FC Cincinnati (Cincinnati · OH)
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
Job Title: Manager of Communications
Department: Brand Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Content Strategy
About FC Cincinnati and TQL Stadium
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current president Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. FC Cincinnati will open the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021.
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that will be one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. The $250 million, privately funded stadium will have a 26,000 capacity, with the closest seats within 15 feet of the field. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. Additionally, the team’s famous supporters’ section, The Bailey, will grow to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in the stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s offices, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. TQL Stadium meets all current requirements to host CONCACAF and FIFA events, featuring top national teams from around the world, including the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, as well as the world’s top club teams for friendlies.
The manager of communications for FC Cincinnati is responsible for day-to-day elements of the organization’s communications department. The manager will work closely with other departments – including marketing, stadium operations, the academy, community relations, soccer operations, and content strategy. This position will be responsible for coordinating media relations elements for FCC Cincinnati and its academy. The manager will serve as one of the primary media liaisons while actively promoting the team and its players. This role requires frequent interaction with FCC players and management, as well as staff from other MLS teams. Professionalism and attention to detail are key attributes for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Field media requests
- Handle game day media operations
- Facilitate team coverage through traditional and digital media platforms
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases for team transactions and news, partnerships, and community events
- Actively pitch features to media outlets
- Regularly create and distribute game notes
- Work with club management to develop key messaging and narratives
- Assist with match day credentials
- Attend all training sessions and adhere to MLS media access guidelines
- Complete and deliver all packets to visiting team’s hotel prior to match day
- Serve as media relations contact for some away matches
- Attend select community and special events while serving media contact
- Manage press box during home matches
- Assist with the coordination of press conferences
- 1-2 years’ experience in public relations and/or journalism
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced media environment and adapt well to change/breaking news
- Ability to anticipate challenges and identify opportunities
- Nights, weekends and some holidays required
- Extensive knowledge of MLS
- Ability to speak and translate Spanish is a plus, but not required
- Bachelors or four-year college degree
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a current resident of the West End Neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio?
What is your salary range?