Creative Director with FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati · OH
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Job Title: Creative Director
Department: Brand Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director, Game Day Production and Creative
About FC Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. MLS invited Cincinnati to the league as an expansion team in May 2018, giving the club one of the fastest run-ups to its first-division launch in league history – 277 days from invitation to its first game. The team has played its home games at the historic Nippert Stadium on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, while its new soccer-specific stadium is constructed in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati.
When the West End Stadium opens in Spring 2021, FC Cincinnati’s future home is expected to be one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. The $250 million, privately funded stadium will have a 26,000 capacity, with the closest seats within 15 feet of the field. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. Additionally, the team’s famous supporters’ section, The Bailey, will grow to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. West End Stadium will meet all current requirements to host CONCACAF and FIFA events, featuring top national teams from around the world, including the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, as well as the world’s top club teams for friendlies.
The Creative Director will be the club’s leader and advocate of all FC Cincinnati brand marketing and advertising. The successful candidate will lead the team’s visual brand strategy across all platforms and create work that positively highlights all areas of the club, including its on-field performance (first team, Academy, affiliates), as well as all of its business units/initiatives/corporate partnerships and other interests central to the club (construction projects, women’s soccer, etc.).
The Creative Director must have exceptionally strong communication and organizational skills and be deadline-driven in execution. Creativity, strong attention to detail, dedication, hard work and passion for soccer are paramount to success in the position. A strong understanding and familiarity with brand strategy, design, and motion graphics – including insights-based decision-making, photo, video, and graphic design (still and motion) are necessary to aid in the oversight of the staff.
- Lead the team’s visual brand strategy and creative development
- Drive the organization’s ideation, planning, and execution while keeping the club’s core values and goals in focus
- Prioritize projects so all departments, initiatives and goals are reached in the most efficient manner
- Work collaboratively with the sponsorship and ticketing departments to build targeted communications and campaigns
- Develop, lead and collaborate with the designers, shooters/editors and game production team to create compelling and engaging campaigns
- Ensure all creative increases interest in the club and the education level of its fans
- Collaborate with other departments to build creative fulfills club goals and relationships, specifically relating to sponsorships, partnership marketing, retail, community relations and marketing fulfillment
- Serve as the team’s subject matter expert around creative development
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure a cohesive brand across all channels
- Manage and lead a studio of designers
- Represent the club at league and federation events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Game Day Production and Creative
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to excel in the position:
- Expertise in graphic design and brand marketing
- Expertise in managing and developing visual brand strategies for a sports or entertainment entity
- Experience working closely with ticketing and sponsorship departments to meet the needs of the fan
- A record of success in increasing engagement and growth in key tracking metrics
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Experience working with designers and content producers to ideate, pitch, and develop new narratives
- Efficient worker who can lead multiple projects and keep all projects on time and budget
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with other department leaders
- Represent the club in ethical and professional manners at all times
- Strong proofreading skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, soccer and sports, as well as pop culture
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in a creative and design function, preferably at an agency, agency-style environment, or team
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience building creative campaigns
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
Match Day Responsibilities
The Creative Director may have professional obligations for FC Cincinnati games during the season, including preseason, regular-season, postseason and in-season tournaments. Additionally, any special events hosted by the club – including international friendlies – maybe included.
In addition to normal business hours, weekend, evening and holiday work will be required as schedule and project workload dictates. Travel, including international, may be required.
Instructions to Apply
Please apply through TeamWorkOnline.com and in a single PDF that you upload include a cover letter, resume, references and several work samples, which can include links, videos or graphics produced, photo galleries, or other published content. In addition, please indicate if you are a West End neighborhood, Cincinnati, OH resident.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a current resident of the West End Neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio?
What is your salary range?