Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Development Internship (Summer 2018)
Chicago Fire Soccer Club
Youth Development Internship
Expectations: Is it your dream to work in the sports industry? If so an internship with the Chicago Fire Soccer Club can be the first mile of your marathon! As an Intern with the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, you will aid the club in continuing to strive to be a premier club on and off the pitch, you will play a large role in the achievement of this goal by executing projects and by being a part of the day to day activities of the Club. We are seeking interns that will take steps on their own to grow and hone their craft. As an Intern, you will be expected to give maximum effort every day you come to work.
Throughout the year, the Youth Development department operate several events. As an intern, you will be integrated into the full running of these events and assist in areas such as;
- Set-up of and coordinating the online registration process;
- Liaise with the marketing team to create event collateral including the video, flyers and tryout cards as well as updating of any digital webpages/websites;
- Booking of any facility requirements as needed by the event(s);
- Liaise with the operations team to request any event equipment and staffing needs;
- Assist in the creation and coordinating of an operations plan;
- Distribute and collect any paperwork to participants where required and store as needed.
Marketing and Communications
Through this internship, you will take a key role in maintaining and improving the marketing and digital performance of our programming, especially where related to our Fire Juniors clubs.
- Take a lead with the management of all Fire Juniors social media accounts;
- Create and oversee a weekly social media content calendar;
- Liaise with the digital media team to ensure all Fire related content is being pushed out through Fire Juniors platforms;
- Work with each Fire Juniors club to ensure they’re posting creative and consistent messaging on their own social platforms;
- Track data analytics for all social platforms so performances can be reviewed;
- Create and maintain the Fire Juniors monthly newsletter and be responsible for collecting all the content to be added to each newsletter;
- Work with each Fire Juniors club to keep the newsletter database up to date;
- Assist in the execution of all marketing and operational requests from the Fire Juniors clubs.
- Assist in the daily administration of all Fire Juniors related and other Youth Development tasks.
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COURSE CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP
- Students should be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, Sports management, Communications or any related field
- Students should be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Students should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work in a collaborative work environment
- Must be able to work 20-30 hours per week
- Must be able to work nights, weekends & holidays
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs
How did you hear about this job?
When are you able to start?
Are you eligible to apply college credit to an Internship with the Fire? Yes/No
Are you available to work nights/weekends?