Vice President of Corporate Partnerships - Chicago Fire Football Club (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales Department Management
Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
o Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
o Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
Paid Time Off
o 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
o 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
o 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
o 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
o Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
Paid Parental Leave
o 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well.
Office Culture & Facilities
o Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs, and access to a full workout center & rooftop at our central office.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a VP of Corporate Partnerships to join our team! The VP of Corporate Partnerships will report directly to the Head of Corporate Partnerships and will be responsible for delivering growth from Corporate Partnerships through the leadership of the corporate partnerships department. The successful candidate will be a strategic leader with strong commercial acumen and experience, including experience in both traditional sponsorship assets and in the innovation of new sporting asset classes. They will possess excellent leadership skills and have extensive experience developing and managing growth strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management of the corporate partnerships department, building a team to support the needs of the organization.
- Develop and deliver innovative commercial opportunities and partnerships, and new and diverse revenue streams to underpin the delivery of our programs, services, and activities.
- Develop a culture of innovation and excellence, with a focus on new asset creation involving new and emerging trends within the industry.
- Strong and transparent communicator who will enhance the profile, visibility, and influence of the organization.
- Ensure the organization holds itself to the highest standards commercially, with a strong focus on how to create a best-in-class fan experience.
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies, systems, processes, and practices to ensure sustainable and world-class business practices.
- Oversee any other activity or business initiative that may be required or directed by the Head of Corporate Partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Marketing / Finance or associated field
- 8-12+ years of experience in a sales and business development role.
- Proven experience in building successful commercial relationships with corporate partners.
- Creative experience delivering and/or researching and recognizing new sponsorship asset trends that can create new partnership revenues.
- Strong and continuous awareness of market and industry trends; new funding deals for up and coming organizations to partner with.
- Ability to build and manage a high-performance team including the ability to improve the team and individual performance.
- Proven financial acumen and experience with diversified revenue sources, and success in maintaining fiscal stability.
- Proven skills in aligning strategy and culture to excel and deliver.
- High integrity and values are compatible with the organization’s vision for the future.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial and visionary mindset with the ability to implement solutions that realistically embrace aspirational goals.
- Ability to perform and provide clear decision-making leadership while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic with a track record of delivering results in high-pressure situations.
- Must have a collaborative, team-oriented management style that engages leadership.
- Positive, upbeat personality.
- Collaborative, outgoing, team-oriented & successful in working cross-departmentally.
- Exhibits openness, transparency, honesty.
- Builds relationships that are strategic and not transactional.
- Proactive and forward-thinking mindset.
- Passionate about reinvention and reimagination - a change agent.
- Creative and innovative thinker and doer.
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to sell the journey and vision of the organization to potential partners.
- Strong talent recognition, focused on developing stars at every position.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.