Summer Camp Operations Coordinator - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
- Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
- Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
Paid Time Off:
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
- Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
Paid Family Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
Office Culture & Facilities
- Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs and access to a full workout center & rooftop at our central office.
Chicago Fire Football Club is actively hiring for a Summer Camp Operations Coordinator to assist weekly summer camps at the Fire Pitch. This position works closely with facility staff as well as camp coaches to make the best possible soccer camp experience for the kids participating as well as their parents/guardians. The successful candidate will need to be someone who can proactively manage the needs of participants inside the facility as well as out on the fields coupled with strong communication skills to facilitate instructions between facility staff and the coaching staff who run the camps.
- Lead set up of the fields with specific needs of the camp each morning before the start of camp
- Set up the restaurant area to accommodate lunch breaks for the camps on the fields
- Oversee campers’ lunch and snack breaks while coaches are on their own break
- Monitor incoming weather to determine if kids need to be pulled off the field for safety reasons
- Assist in organizing any games inside the building for the kids in case of inclement weather
- Clean up fields and restaurant area after camps are completed to ensure a clean working environment for the next guests of the facility to come in
- Support in children egress while at the front desk and answer any questions regarding the camps going forward or to sign up more kids for the future camp days
- Oversee sales at the front desk for pre-camp, snack, and lunch break purchases
- Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to work Monday through Friday all summer (June 6 – September 2)
- Ability to excel in a team/collaborative work environment, with strong time management, organizational, interpersonal, and planning skills
- Proactive problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with children and a history of positive customer service
- Chicago Fire Football Club is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- Chicago Fire Football Club is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Club does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?