Staff Accountant - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
- Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
- Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
- 1 day of birthday PTO
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
- Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
- Once a month ‘Wellness Wednesdays’ to focus on employee wellbeing
- Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs, and access to a full workout center and rooftop at our central office
- Key account reconciliation and substantial involvement with period close processes including preparation and recording of adjusting entries related to:
o Lease expenses (ASC 842)
o Capital assets, depreciation, and amortization
- Reconcile daily bank transactions including but not limited to credit card settlements, box office deposits, front office deposits, field rental deposits and payments, and other miscellaneous receipts
- Gain understanding of Club’s intercompany activity and assist in recording activity
- Involvement in all financial statement audits
- Assist in managing contractor relationships and preparation of 1099s
- Assist with month-end processes
- Create and analyze balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Proof and enter AP invoices into accounting system
- Manage and update vendor information
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues with vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or month end close experience, required
- 1 - 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to meet firm deadlines
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative work environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- A positive attitude, incorporating integrity, confidentiality, and discretion
- Proficiency with MS Office Products
- Experience using NetSuite accounting software is a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
How many years of accounting experience do you have?
What is your desired salary for this position?