Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Staff Accountant with Chicago Fire in Chicago · IL
Chicago Fire jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Chicago Fire Soccer Club is seeking an energetic and outgoing Staff Accountant with an excellent work ethic and desire to learn. This individual will receive ample on the job training and will ultimately be responsible for the general accounting functions of the Chicago Fire and its subsidiaries. Beyond daily accounting responsibilities, the Staff Accountant will also assist with work related to annual financial statement audits, various tax return preparation and budgeting/forecasting.
- Ownership of daily accounting functions, including preparation of all aspects of the general ledger, A/P, A/R and inter-company accounting.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, investigate variances & resolve issues.
- Prepare, reconcile & maintain account analysis for general ledger accounts.
- Active involvement in monthly financial closes, including journal entry preparation, inter-company account reconciliation and financial statement presentation.
- Prepare support for year-end external audits and annual income tax returns.
- Assist with system management & administration of NetSuite (ERP), Concur (Expense Reporting) and Oracle PBCS (Financial Modeling).
- Special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0 - 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in intermediate Microsoft Excel functions and working knowledge of Microsoft O365 products (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior use of NetSuite (ERP/accounting software) is a plus, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?