Paralegal - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
- Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
- Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
- 1 day of birthday PTO
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
- Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
- Once a month ‘Wellness Wednesdays’ to focus on employee wellbeing
- Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs, and access to a full workout center and rooftop at our central office
- Manages contracts and contract lifecycles including template development, platform maintenance management and roll-out; administrative support for attorney drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts; managing contract execution and filing, together with all phases of the contract management process
- Assists all attorneys with document collection, litigation hold process, and preparation of due-diligence materials, documents, presentations, exhibits, charts, and diagrams
- Assists in the preparation of corporate governance documents and materials, including minutes, resolutions, and written consents
- Manages intellectual property lifecycle and portfolios, including collaboration with outside counsel on clearing new marks, handling renewals, obtaining necessary details for filings, including dates of first use, specimens, and validating goods identifications
- Assists in the investigation of facts in defense of claims, including coordinating interviews and collection of documents
- Assists with managing and tracking departmental budget, including reviewing and processing invoices from law firms and service providers
- Assists in administrative tasks including calendaring, scheduling meetings and events, managing carrier and messaging services, and drafting and proofreading communications for the legal team
- Acts as the administrative liaison for internal teams concerning legal administration of the above matters
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate or completion of paralegal degree program preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate or other transactional paralegal experience required
- Previous experience with corporate governance, corporate contracts, intellectual property, litigation, and document retention policies preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all levels (internally and externally)
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly process workflow and prioritize, organize, and perform a challenging workload under tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and actively demonstrate a commitment to prompt and thorough client service
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (focused largely on Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
What area(s) of law are you most experienced in?
What is your desired salary for this position?