Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Operations Internship - Spring 2020 with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Chicago · IL
- Primary Game Day responsibilities include:
- Support in the logistics of game day preparation and execution at Soldier Field
- Stadium set-up and tear down, such as gates, concourse activations, locker rooms and pregame fan fests
- Credential preparation and management
- Assist in all game day efforts in conjunction with our Part-Time Game Day Staff
- Activate club assets and provide our fans with an exceptional game day experience
- Primary Non-Game Day responsibilities include:
- Support in the venue transition from Bridgeview to downtown Chicago and Soldier Field
- Support Front Office maintenance projects
- Maintenance of all club vehicles, club equipment storage and inventory
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Events departments for the coordination and logistics of all non-game day events
- Coordination and interface with Fire players, coaches and mascots at community appearances, autograph signings and events
- Additional game day and stadium transitional tasks as assigned by internship supervisors
- Occasional First Team operational needs
- Team first mentality
- Positive attitude and an open mind
- Hard work ethic and demonstration of proactiveness
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- MUST be eligible to receive college course credit for the internship
- Applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university
- Applicants must be able to work at least 3 – 4 days a week, and/or 30 – 40 hours on a weekly basis
- Applicants are expected to work select weekends, weeknight events, holidays and must be available for ALL 2020 HOME GAMES throughout the course of the internship
- Applicants should be comfortable performing physical labor duties on a daily basis
- Previous experience in event/stadium operations is ideal and a strong background in leadership and fan/customer services is a plus
- Applicants who are available for the Spring Semester from January – May are preferred, with those that have availability through June being strongly preferred
- All eligible applicants must apply online by submitting a professional cover letter, resume and answering all the pre-screen questions
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have reliable transportation to SeatGeek Stadium & Soldier Field?
Are you able to work 3 - 4 days a week including weekends as needed?
Are you able to work every FIRE Home Match throughout the internship (evenings & weekends)? (2020 MLS Schedule will be released in early January)
Are you able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and handle manual labor tasks when called upon?
Are you able to receive college credit for this internship? Yes or No
When are you available start in 2020?